Saturday, March 21, 2020

New Pot; New Day

Today I had the opportunity to finally repot my aloe vera plant. And it gave me some insight into my life that I realize I needed.

2 years ago, I bought 2 small plants that were no more than say 2 or 3 inches tall, and maybe 1 to 2 inches in diameter, for like $5. I gave one to my sister and took the other. This plant traveled with me to and from school and I have been lucky enough to kept it alive all this time despite not having taken care of my own plant before.

We have repotted this plant 2 times before, so a total of 3 different pots it has been in. And now it's grown large enough to obscure the soil in the 3rd pot, so since the weather was nice today and we're heading into the spring season, I had given it yet again a larger pot.

I see this as symbolism for my life. Each pot can be representative of a period in which I had room to grow and learning to do. When I had reached my full potential in one area of my life, it was time to move onto the next area. That way I have more space and more opportunity to grow and develop. This is really key given I've been struggling with my past in more than one aspect. I hope to find wherever my new pot in life is so to speak and that I can grow as I have needed to.

Here are some pictures of my plant in case you were wondering. See how you can see a lot of room for it to grow? I know there's not a reference picture for its previous pots, but just imagine it covers the soil completely for the other ones by the time I repot.

So now, I need to repot myself. To take what I have experienced and what I have learned and grow with it. To become a bigger and better and more developed version of myself. To refine myself through the forges of trial and error, and the forges of life and the experiences it deals out to me.

I can grow into a new dawn and into a new day. It's up to me to move on and grow. No one is going to force me to move on. No one will tell me what I should or shouldn't do. There will be guidelines and expectations for sure. But it's up to me to either stay where I am at the state I am at and at the point where I have grown to, or I can take up everything and find room to continue growing and continue developing. To refine myself as a man, as a friend, and most importantly as a follower of Christ.

This is an exciting time and I must make the most of everything that is set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...