Thursday, March 5, 2020

Need I Know?

Sometimes now that I have been able to find out and know who checks this blog, at least recently/relatively regularly, I wonder if those people have read recent posts. Sometimes some posts I want read right away. Some posts I just write in hopes that eventually someone will read them.

But the other night that was a more vulnerable, potentially risky, and potentially weird post, I wonder if anyone's read that yet. Sometimes the dashboard doesn't update and maybe it is updated, but it shows that there have been 0 views on most of the posts recently. Is that because no one is checking the blog anymore? Is it because whoever is visiting isn't doing whatever actions would count as "viewing" the post?

I don't know. I don't know why it matters to me to know if posts have been read. I guess I just want to know what the reactions to posts are. Especially if they are more emotionally charged posts. But then again some of those posts I don't want to exactly bring it to the forefront and just text the usual readers "hey have you read this post?" Because then that seems inorganic and it might cause bias or sway genuine opinions.

So what do I do? Just leave it as is and hope that things go well received or that I have achieved transparency so that the readers feel comfortable to just share their thoughts and feelings about my blog posts? I suppose that's all I can do unless I decide I feel like mentioning the posts.

To anyone who has means of communication with me and read this, I hope that if any of my posts lead to a potential point of conflict or conversation or whatever, I hope that you feel comfortable enough to just text me about it so that we can keep things level and not bottled up. I know that asks a lot of you because then you have to admit you read the blog and maybe that's not something you wish to disclose. Maybe you want to just observe and keep things to yourself, which is honestly okay. But maybe we can talk about your thoughts and opinions on me being open on my blog. Maybe we can try it out?

Just text me if you read this and any other posts even. But I will be ready to listen and I want to have discussion. But I also don't want to force you into anything. Your choice, I will respect it. And I truly mean it as I work towards being a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...