Thursday, March 5, 2020

Dark Knight Rises

Sometimes I rewatch various movie clips on YouTube. Mostly from my favorites or just any scene I thought was cool.

Naturally one of the movies that gets rewatched is the Dark Knight Rises. And from there I recently rewatched Bruce Wayne's attempts at escaping the prison pit. Now if you've seen the movie you'd know [SPOILER ALERT] (although the movie is 8 years old so bruh moment if you have yet to see it) that Bruce falls and fails 2 times on the screen before making it out on seemingly the third attempt. There's a bunch of symbolism I could go over about it, but it's irrelevant to this post.

Anyways, it got me thinking, I say I am the Dark Knight. That I am working on escaping my own prison pit. And then the other day, I had a post stating how hard I am finding it to journey this road of restoration and healing. Perhaps I am trying too hard to make comparisons between my life and Bruce Wayne, but what if it wasn't going to be an easy climb out of my darkness and into my new life and new chance at the mantle I claim? Maybe I'd fall a couple of times and some more major falls than others. Maybe the other night of sadness and reminiscing was just a fall, and it's up to me to retry to climb out. Maybe I'll get farther, maybe I'll hit a setback, but how can I ever expect to get out if I fall and then quit because it was hard once?

So, if I am to be the Dark Knight who rises, if nothing else than to just better myself to be a hero rather than the villain as I pretty much have been given the way I've treated people, then I must try again and keep pursuing the summit and climb out, even if I fall.

Deshi basara, He rises. But do I rise once again, or will I let myself wallow and just stay in my pitfall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...