Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I Feel Good

So this is a less formal post, well as if any of my posts have been "formal" so to speak. But hear me out.

It's been a couple hours since I wrote my post of feeling hopeless given my situation regarding the coronavirus pandemic. And since then I played some more video games, and then I also worked out at home. I did some weights, just sorta lightly hitting everything since I might as well do whatever I can. Worked my chest, triceps, biceps, back, core, and legs.

I just took a shower and it's now 8:20 p.m., so I have dinner and some down time left in the day. I was jamming to my usual tunes in the shower, which are for KING & COUNTRY's "joy.", "God Only Knows", and "Amen".

And for whatever reason, but it's all good in the end, I felt good. I felt confident in myself. I liked the way I looked, which is a first in awhile. I just felt so good. It feels like my burden was lifted, that I have been set free to fly once again. That I feel like I'm no longer plagued by my past mistakes and that they shall cripple me no more.

Maybe that's just the neurotransmitters firing off after a workout. Working out is good for the body and for the mind. The endorphins, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin might be doing all the talking right now, but I feel so good. I feel almost ready to get back out into the world. To not linger and hide in my past and in my mistakes. To no longer wallow in what I had "lost" in all of the changes that 2020 has brought into my life. This feels so good.

This feels like a step in the right direction. 

I feel alive.

I feel powerful.

I feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...