Thursday, March 26, 2020

Bad Time For An Outage

As evidence would support, my cell service provider is having an outage at the moment. It's been going on for about 2 days, and is not scheduled to get fixed until tomorrow.

That's a pretty major problem if you ask me. Not only is digital contact the main source of communication as the world is in social distancing and effectively shut down, but it's the main way I get contacted by my boss. I have no idea if I have been texted about any updates or anything like that regarding the test results of my coworker, nor do I know of if I got anything as far as scheduling for hours.

This is probably one of the worst times to have an outage and not be trying to expedite the repair process. Maybe this is their expedited speed already, but even so, what kind of cell service provider doesn't get their network fixed in 2 days? I can understand a day for the problems to start and then someone notice, but 2 days in and then they won't fix it until the 3rd day?

I'm just hoping that I didn't get any texts that require response in a short time frame, because I have no means of contacting people like my manager or my boss who I only contact through texting. I have no social media connections to them (and honestly I'm not complaining because I want to keep work and social life separate for now anyways), but man this is not good at all.

I guess at the end of the day it's another thing I need to take into account that maybe while it's not necessarily God doing this on purpose, but He's trying to get me to realize I need to reconnect with Him more, so He's disconnecting a lot of things out of my life so I don't have any distractions or any other reason to say I'm busy or preoccupied.

Maybe I need to really take the hint at the wake up call. Maybe I should crack open my Bible and start a personal Bible study. To hear His voice instead of just me talking all the time through prayer. I mean I know prayer is important, but all good communication is a two-way street. If I'm only praying and not doing much more to try to hear the Lord's voice, then I'll be hosting a one-way conversation.

I just have to keep on charging ahead and keep on moving back to the Lord as I seemingly have strayed so far away from Him.

It's time to wake up and go back to the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...