Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Cast My Cares

My dad brought it up because he is doing a 30 day Bible reading plan, and honestly it seemed prettt helpful for what I need.

Today's piece was talking about casting one's cares onto God, for God wants us to not worry and to just trust Him since He cares for us in ways we could never even know nor process as mere human beings. To just keep doing whatever we can and then let God do the rest when we are weary and out of strength. To just have full faith and trust in Him to be our Provider. He is the Way Maker.

One part mentioned that how is it that we can cast our cares out to someone, anyone even, so many times if we aren't taking back the cares into our own hands? To better explain, how is it we can keep casting our cares to a friend or better yet to God, but then do so multiple times? In reality, shouldn't we just cast our cares to God once and then that is the end of that? To trust that God will know what is best to do with the cares we have casted to Him? Have we truly relinquished our grip on our cares and truly cast it out to the Lord if we can bring it back and cast it out to Him twice, thrice, or more?

The point being is that if we truly want to trust God and to cast our cares out to Him, then we need to cast our cares and then wait in full faith, trust, and patience that God will know how to handle everything and that everything will happen the way He wants it and when He deems it to be. We need not cast our cares to God and then the next day or even the next hour cast it to Him again. That means we're not fully trusting and that we want control and then give it up when we can't work the angle we had hoped to achieve.

This is helpful because as I try to heal from last month's fallout and beginnings of restoration, am I truly letting go and giving to God? Or am I giving it to Him and taking it back, just to come give it up again when I realize that the healing and restoration is a taller order than something I can handle myself?

With that, I hope I can try to apply this to my life. To cast my cares about everything that has transpired and that will transpire. To trust God with all aspects of my life, relationships, work, career, direction, calling, etc., and just trust that I need only stay faithful and do whatever is asked of me for the day to day. That God's plan is in the works and I need not worry.

I need to cast my cares to Him and trust Him fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...