Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Break Of Dawn

I don't know if anyone read yesterday's post, but there was something liberating about it. And as the quote would go, "the night is darkest just before the dawn, and let me tell you that the dawn is coming," it would seem that I am getting closer and closer to the dawn. To finally see daybreak and have a respite from the trials and turmoils that life has been throwing at me.

Now that it's daylight savings time, I wake up before the sunrise, well at least for now anyways. It's a struggle to get out of bed when I feel tired and can't see much because of the darkness outside. But then today I got to see the beginnings of a beautiful sunrise. It helped to remind me that even when I'm struggling and can't find the will or the energy to continue that things will get better. That all I need to do is persevere onwards. 

My struggles with past addictions and feelings of being lost in life and not knowing my calling or direction makes it dark all around me. Add to that the mishaps of last month and losing friends because of my actions and it just gets darker when I don't have anyone to talk to. But yet even in my struggles, I just gotta get up and get moving. And as I saw today, I will see the sunrise. Dawn will come, and the day will break. I just need to keep pushing forwards.

Maybe I'm stretching this too far and making meaning of this out of nothing, but it gives me hope. Hope that I can be restored, that I can be healed, that I can be purified. That my end isn't here in the darkness, but into the gloriousness of the light of the Lord's plan because He is the Light of the World. That He is my Way, my Truth, and my Life. I need to trust Him and trust His timing.

So onwards I will go. My end is not here. It is not today, not tomorrow, not anytime forseeably soon. If I trust in the Lord, I'll grow and I'll go wherever He needs me to go and move to.

This is Day One of a new life. No more saying "one day". It's time for the first day towards a new dawn, towards a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...