Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Best Friends

I was listening to KLOVE radio on my way to work today and they had an interesting talking bit I listened to.

They talked about best friends. How they are someone you typically forgive quicker than anyone else because they're your, well, best friend. That typically you've been friends for 4 years or more and have so many memories together with them.

Then the guy was saying how sometimes one of the people in the friendship does something stupid that seems hard to forgive or is just outright wronging the other. And then sometimes you just need to take a break whether that means limited communication or interactions with them, etc. He also mentioned that it's in this time that you realize how much you would miss it if the friendship were to end there and no longer continued. That you realize how special being best friends was.

So I was hit really close to home on this topic. In my actions of last month's fallout, I cast out 2 people I once called best friends. And while one of those two was a more damaging break than the other, I still felt this effect, especially so for the one who I think I hurt but not as much as the other.

Since then, I made up with one of those two, and I have been blessed to be able to call her "friend" again. I don't know if I could ever become her best friend again. I would like to because it was so so SO good to have her as my best friend because she could give me advice and different perspectives that I'd never see or that a male best friend would never be able to point out. So if she is reading this, I hope that maybe one day I could earn the privilege to be your best friend again.

Another talking point that was brought up was that they said that no matter the circumstances, the listener should take a moment out of today and call them to let the other know what they mean to them and what value the friendship is to them.

As for me, I won't be calling her because I know that since it's Wednesday, her class schedule makes her busy from 2pm to 5pm, and then she has stuff to do between 6:30 to around 8, then more things at 10. So what I plan on doing instead of interrupting any time she might use today for her homework or anything, I might send her a voice text. This way she can hear my voice because a text doesn't sound as personal and seems so emotionless. I'll say everything I would have written out and everything I would have said to her if I called.

I hope it's well received and I hope this isn't overstepping boundaries. I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...