Wednesday, February 19, 2020

With Great Power...

Okay, I know that the title is Spider-man so it's almost sacrilegious on a blog whose title is about Batman. But I have good reason for it.

Remember how in one of the blog posts about my new job mentioned I have a 30 hour workweek that was then updated to a 31 hour workweek? Well my schedule was changed again. And just like the last post, I have no idea why I was chosen for the schedule change, maybe other people were unavailable to make the change or what. I don't want to assume it's because they like me or think I have the most potential or whatever. That would be narcissistic almost. Well it's kinda the way I hope it is, but since it is nothing but a hope, I will leave it at "they need me so I'll do whatever to make them happy and let me keep my job".

So this week, I was amended to come in at 9 (instead of 10) for not only Friday but now for tomorrow as well. That totals this week out to 32 hours.

And then starting next week and for every recurring week after that, I have been asked to come in at 8 and leave at 4 like usual. That way those 2 hours before store opening I can be of assistance and help set up the shop for the day. I will also be taught how to operate the slicer, and learn all the other tasks and duties that I have not yet learned. My skillset will increase and I will become slightly more responsible at work because now I will have more duties.

I don't mean to write this as "oh I'm being focused on and being taught everything as well as being given a 40 hour workweek in comparison to some coworkers still having the 30 hours". It's more of an observational post. I hope so anyways.

I will take on this challenge. Because it is through challenge and trial by fire that I will be forged into something greater than what I am now. To change me into who I am called to be. To become someone better than he ever was before.

I don't know how much this will actually change me, but I hope it changes me in every positive way possible from these new responsibilities and everything.

We shall see next week how I fare holding up my first 40 hour workweek as well as still hopefully maintaining my aikido training. My days will become long and my weeks will become short. I will be busy and be tested to my wit's end. I hope that my perseverance will last and that I will fight on to every goal and test that is set before me.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...