Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Feeling Better

I'm not sure why, but maybe because I had a combination of a bit of strength training (started the day with a total of 100 push ups), then went to work for 6 hours, had a good run on the treadmill for extra exercise (followed by a couple of strength training exercises), and then went to aikido, I somehow just feel really good.

I feel like my life has purpose. I have a job, I am getting into shape and feel better about myself physically, I can still train aikido like I wanted to, and I'm slowly working my way towards feeling better mentally.

I don't know how long this will last but I hope the good feelings continue. I feel like if they do, I will work day by day, step by step closer to being a man and being a better person than I was before.

One drawback is that I'm realizing that I have no time in my days. And as I go on to longer work shifts over these next two days of 7 hour shifts and then 8 hour shifts all the time Monday through Friday starting next week, and 8 hours of aikido in a week, that's 48 hours of 168 total hours in a week. Sure I guess I still got 120, but that doesn't include sleeping and stuff.

Not to really break it down to all the numbers exactly, but it just seems like my days are super quick. Work is typically busy and it goes by quickly, so those hours burn quicker than flash paper in a magic act, at least it almost seems that way. Aikido is usually pretty quick at burning time when activity is high, but even when things are slow it goes pretty quickly.

I suppose that's how life is going to be regardless if I work at Jersey Mike's or anywhere else that offers me 40 hours a week. I'll adapt, as I usually try my best to. And as I work on myself as a person, it's something I will improve on, my ability to adapt that is.

Whatever life throws at me, I want to feel good about myself, so I'm going to try to be more positive and just fight towards a better day, a better self.

It's time to pick myself back up from my fall. I won't let it hold me down forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...