Thursday, February 27, 2020

What Does It Mean To Be The Batman?

The title says it all. What does it mean to be the Batman?

To be intellectually proficient to solve riddles and problems on the fly?

To be physically at peak condition to lift heavy weights and fight with unparalleled vigor?

To have an unrivaled moral compass to protect the helpless and deal justice to the wicked?

What would it take to be Batman? Who even qualifies to be Batman? Do I get to call myself Batman?

I find that my perseverance is typically pretty enduring, but times can challenge that and wear me thin. I find that sometimes my brain can process quicker than others and solve simplistic questions, problems, and riddles with relative ease and decent speed. I find that my physical strength and endurance is just above average and sometimes I can do what others cannot. But in any of these three areas, I'm nowhere near the peak.

My moral compass is pretty good, as I have the idea in my head that I want to be a hero, to be someone's hero. To be a guardian for the weak and those who cannot protect themselves.

But other than that, I don't know nor do I think I get to be Batman or call myself Batman.

Should I scrap the whole Batman thing and bring myself back to reality and focus on what is rather than what was or what could be? To stop daydreaming and go day by day in hopes of finding a greater purpose for myself?

What does it mean to be Batman?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...