Wednesday, February 26, 2020

So Many Hats, So Little Time

I wonder if I'm pushing myself too hard. I can't remember but I think I made a post saying how I was getting back on my routine of working out and getting into shape. Anyways, if I didn't make a post, that's what I'm doing.

Monday through Friday, I go to work either 8am to 4pm or 10am to 4pm (depends on what they need me to do). Then shortly after I come home, I go to the basement and use either the treadmill or the rowing machine for 25-30 minutes doing some cardio, followed by a few short weight lifting exercises using whatever we have at home. As if that isn't enough for exercising, I then go to aikido, and most nights I get decent if not good workouts. Otherwise I hopefully learned something.

Then when I come home from that, I either shower right away or have dinner with the family and then go shower. I get maybe an hour or two after that to chill out and then it's time for bed to repeat the cycle the next day.

I don't feel fatigued currently but I do feel drained/exhausted. I wonder if I'm doing too much. I should probably be focusing on trying to figure out where my life is supposed to go, but I also have gotten comfortable with this new schedule and I am not looking at what I could be doing in say a few years or as a bigger career.

Am I pushing myself too hard physically? Being on my feet for the large majority of my shift, then all that exercising, to only settle down by 8-9 o'clock. When will I think about my future if my only free time I use to relax and just chill.

This doesn't even include if I have any family activities to do on the weekends or various weeknights as I know I have coming up.

I feel tired, but maybe that's just exhaustion. Do I keep this up in hopes of getting into shape? Where does my life go? What do I amount to? Should I repurpose my free time at night? So much to do, and there's not enough time in the day for everything.

Who knew that life would get this crazy and so full to the brim?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...