Thursday, February 6, 2020

No, No, You're Still Holding On. LET GO!

Kylo Ren might be onto something. Sometimes I need to move on. Sometimes it's for the better. I just don't know if that is where I need to go from here. Or is my hesitation because of what Kylo is saying, that I'm still holding on.

I have thoughts and wants and desires. Nothing terribly serious, but just a yearn for something that I used to have. Like the song says, I "didn't have to cut [them] off". And now that I've done that, they're just "somebody that I used to know".

Is this a ship I need to have burned? As a big for KING & COUNTRY fan, do I listen to their song and their lyrics of burning the ships and to not look back? To step into a new day? To rise up from the dust and walk away? But if so, I'm not really sure if that's a heartache I can dance upon. That's a heartache that is going to take a long long long time to heal.

I'm holding on to what? I'm holding on for what? Is there something I'm not learning? Is this clingy behavior?

If I move on, burn the ships, cut them off, walk away, let go, whatever or however you want to phrase it, then what? Who do I have to turn to? Who is even left that I've not soured their opinion of me?

Jesus is always there for me, but will I truly seek my satisfaction and hopes from? I know that with Jesus that is all that I will ever need. But as a human, I need to have something more, right? Isolation isn't the only thing that humans and mankind are destined for, right? Right? Someone tell me I'm right in this one question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...