Thursday, February 6, 2020

3 Sides To Every Story

As I consulted with my parents for their help and guidance on the whole craziness that happened this week (again, I am to blame for some of it), I have learned a lesson that could prove helpful for not only my growth but perhaps to other people's growth as well.

I don't mean to write this post to portray myself as better off or anything, just merely a lesson I had to learn that I had figured I would share.

The lesson being that to every story there is one person's side, the other person's side, and the truth.

What does that mean? Well for this instance, I have my side of the story, clearly pushing some of the blame off of me which wasn't and still isn't fair of me to have done. Then there's the side of the story from the other person in their situation. I don't mean to say the other person is wrong, just more of that in each of our own eyes, we have our rights and our justifications. I'm not going to pretend I know what was going through their minds or how they perceived things, so I'll leave it at that and hopefully you (the reader) get the point. Then there's the truth.

In many heated arguments, emotions blind us from seeing somethings that may be true. Quite possibly those things may not be true as well, so it takes a level head (one that I did not have) to process everything in a clean, methodical, and logical manner. At least for me, the truth is that some of my characteristics and behavior are proven to be consistent and that would explain the assumptions of my future actions. In the moment, I disregarded that because I was blinded by anger and frustration.

Moral of the story is that I need to learn that the next time I have a disagreement, I need to level my head and examine everything with a better mindset than the one I had. Better than the one that shifted blame off of me and onto the other parties. I hope I can grow from this and I hope I didn't sound like I'm better off than the others. I simply intended to teach the lesson that was taught to me. Let's get better together, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...