Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Start A Fire

As I look at the calendar, I realize that today is January 29th, 2020. You might be thinking, "well, Geoff, that's how a calendar works. Each day that passes progresses the calendar a day." What I mean is that it's been 29 days into the new year, into the new decade. Time has flown by so fast, and it's odd. Things could've been a lot different than what they currently are, but at the same time I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. Sure I need to be held responsible for my circumstances and why I'm still home, but there's still a plan for me and my life yet to come. Well, honestly, it's probably already happening whatever plan is there for me.

How has it been nearly the first month already? How has it been 4 weeks since everything changed for my life, almost on a dime. That quick hairpin turn that threw me and everyone important to me in a loop because of how unreal the situation had seemed. On the one bright side is that it brought me closer to my faith than ever before, except it would seem that in the past week and half, maybe two weeks or so, I've fallen off yet again. I've caved back to old habits that needed to die. I need to get back to those days of time of prayer. I guess praise God I still am keen on taking notes during church sermons, but that's about it for the time being since I've fallen off my regular prayer.

There's a great plan for me and I need to trust the Lord my God to fulfill His promises. He will deliver because He has always been faithful, even if I have not been. He has always been there to support me, to fight my battles, and to work all things out for my good. It's time I rekindled the flames inside my heart to burn brightly for the world to see that I am a child of God and that while I may no longer be a Liberty student, that I can still be a Champion for Christ.

Time is ticking day by day, seemingly faster and faster with every hour, with every minute. What am I going to do with the perceivable accelerating time? I mean yes, each day is still 24 hours, still 1440 minutes, still 86,400 seconds. That does not change. The days and the time aren't actually getting shorter, it's my perception is changing to make it seem like they are. There was an old saying that said as you get older, each increment of time that you've become accustomed to is a smaller and smaller fraction/percentage of your total life. At age 10, 1 year is only 10% of your life.

By that logic, 1 year is only 5% of my life. And that 5% is a dwindling 5%. I'm 20 and a half now (look who's counting) so 1 year no longer is 5%. It's approximately 4.87%. What is it that I'm going to do with the time? It'll seem like it's accelerating and it's up to me if I'm going to waste away, or if I'm going to become stronger in my faith and burn like a lighthouse for the lost to find their way home to Jesus Christ. To be a beacon of the hope of my Lord my God. To shine in the darkness of the world and to be someone that might help another get closer to their own relationship with God. I don't mean to claim to be some prophet or have some divine connection to God, but I mean that I need to be doing everything that I can to bring others closer to know my God and for them to make the choice to claim Him as their God as well.

My fire has long since been started, but it has been dying. It has not received any new fuel, it's not been aerated properly, it's being choked out by the sins and the darkness inside of me. I need to combat that, I need to return to a consistent daily prayer on my own time. I can't just accept the prayer that we do as a family before meals, or the prayer my pastor says in church as enough. Prayer is my connection and my way (and it is your way as well) to talk to the Almighty God of the universe, the who was before, is here now, and will be there in the future.

I need to rekindle my flames. Burn bright for all to see.

Ignition has occurred.

Will I let it choke out again?

Or will I do more to grow the flame to become a blaze for Christ? An inferno if necessary? To burn as a bright beacon, as a lighthouse for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...