Friday, January 17, 2020

Resume 1/17/2020

Okay so I'm not sure why I wanted to post about it, but after getting my resume looked over and getting suggested edits and everything added in, I feel pretty good about my resume. Sure it could've been better had I continued my studying in college or at least get an associate's degree, etc. But I still feel proud of the things I have managed to accomplish in life. It gives me hope that I'm not a complete failure and that there's still stuff for me yet. I mean of course I should just keep on running to God whenever I feel lost or feel like I've failed, and yes I should run to Him for His plan and His calling on my life. I guess I'm just celebrating the small victories as I find them.

Without further ado, here's what my resume looks like. I'm proud of it.


Geoffrey Yee
461 Massey Court, Wyckoff, NJ 07481
(201) 835-2705

Objective: Seeking an entry-level position to begin my career expanding my learning, knowledge, and skills.

Work Experience:
v  Yee Medicine & Pediatrics Associates                       Summers of 2014-2017
o   Administrative Assistant
§  Duties Include: Scanning patient charts to PDF files, attach each record to specific folders

Education:
v  Ramapo High School                                                              Diploma 2017
o   Franklin Lakes, NJ
o   Inducted into the Spanish World Language National Honor Society in 2017

Volunteer:
v  Cornerstone Christian Church
o   Usher
§  Duties Include: Greeting people, handing out weekly bulletins, collect tithes and offering, clean up after each service
Certifications:
v  Aikido                                                                                     2006-Present
o   1st degree black belt registered with United States Aikido Federation in 2019
o   Covers teaching classes for head instructor when asked
v  Piano                                                                                       2005-Present
o   Completed Preparatory Class of the National Guild of Piano Teachers

Personal Interests:
v  Violin                                                                                      2008-2017
o   Learned and played violin for school orchestra
v  Trumpet                                                                                   2012-2017
o   Learned and played trumpet for high school marching band, starting in 8th grade



All of it fits on one word document page, and until I get more experience that could be relevant to other career opportunities as I find them, I think this is a good place to start.

P.S. It would appear that my formatting got a bit bugged up, at least while looking at it from the editing view of this blog post. I suppose I'll see how it looks after I hit post.

P.P.S. Okay after looking at it, it's not the worst looking format error. It's pretty close to how it should look. Obviously it's not the way it looks in Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...