Monday, January 13, 2020

Fallen Order

I've never exactly been good at saving money. I've made quite a few impulse buys that have sunk me to a point where I can't buy things at a later date because of lack of funds. I mean I guess I should've just gotten a job way earlier on, that way I have a steady flow of income, but that's beside the point.

I wonder if I should really stop myself and mull over the thought process of what makes me want to buy something. I guess this one I'm going to talk about has been in the waiting for a bit, but that was mostly because again I didn't have the money to buy it right away. And now that I do have the money and it's been brought back to the forefront of my mind, I've gone ahead and gotten it.

Was it a good decision? Maybe. It'll definitely provide a lot of hours of fun, or at least I hope so. The people say it's good and I'm excited to try it out myself. Was it worth the money? That has yet to be determined. Could I have just gotten by without it? Most definitely.

So why get it? Well, my brother was planing on getting it for his Xbox, and I want to play it but don't want to ask to play on his, plus I prefer the whole gaming on PC rather than console. No I don't flame console users, but I just prefer the mouse and keyboard over the controller.

If you couldn't tell from the title of the post, I bought Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. I'm super excited to play it, it's downloading as I write this post, and I'm not sure if I should have gotten it.

Yes I was happy when I bought it and watched the installation process begin. But looking at my life's current place? I need to be looking for jobs and making sure I put enough time in the right places: family, extra-curricular activities, helping out around the house, etc. Do I have the time to play a new video game? I could always make the time. But what is going to suffer from the switch in time commitments? What am I sacrificing?

I guess I might be a little too hard on myself for buying a video game, but I guess we'll just have to see how things go. I think everything in moderation is a good thing. But that's something I have struggled to work with. Had I been better at that, and maybe I'd still be a student at Liberty. I guess no point to beating myself up. I just need to learn and move forwards.

So with that long-winded post over a video game, will I become more responsible, or will I continue spiraling downwards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...