Sunday, November 3, 2019

Northern Resistance

I always joke that being from the North gives me extra tolerance to the cold in comparison to people from around LYH. But even with that being said, I'm not from anywhere incredibly far north. I'm just north enough where the winters here are nothing I can't handle. Most of the time the temps are in the 20s to 30s.

But tonight was rather cold. It's only November 3rd, and the temp as of right now at 10:51 pm is 33 degrees Fahrenheit. Just barely above freezing temperatures. I made sure to put on some layers to keep myself from absolutely freezing outside, but I didn't really need all that much. But I think just about freezing is my limit as to when I start breaking out the heavier clothing.

For reference, all I wore was jeans, t-shirt, fleece jacket, and leather gloves that have a cashmere lining. The gloves aren't really the warmest but they do help keep some heat in. I was shivering a little bit, but once I get walking for 10-15 minutes, I'm good to go for the most part. Had there been any wind, and maybe not so well off because fleece jackets are terrible for cutting through wind, in fact the wind would cut through the jacket. My ears were fine, and so was my face and neck.

If it consistently reaches freezing temperature or any lower, I might have to put on a second jacket over my fleece one, or just a jacket over a sweatshirt or something. I probably won't need a hat or scarf unless it gets down to 20, but we'll see. I do have my winter coat here, so I should be fine for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...