Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Yeet Ur Skeet

I'm a black belt in Aikido now, and I'm super stoked about it. All those hours of training, 15 hours of training over 3.5 days for summer camp, and the test. Passed well enough that a lot of people commended me more than just the usual "congratulations". Even the people running the test thought I did really well. I'm so happy now.

But the grind doesn't stop here. I got to keep on improving my skills and train at least another 600 hours, and then I can qualify for 2nd degree black belt. Of course, time doesn't matter if your skill doesn't improve or is not there to begin with.

But I've got goals to reach Shihan (at least 6th degree black belt and being an instructor at a dojo).

For now, I'll enjoy my victory and celebrate the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...