Thursday, May 16, 2019

Losing Motivation

For the past nearly 2 months now, I've been pretty good at maintaining a 4-5 days per week exercise routine, consisting of pretty rigorous strength training to be followed by a 20 minute or more cardio session on either the treadmill or elliptical. I've definitely noticed improvements in my physique, especially while I was on campus and walking so much where I was averaging 14-15 thousand steps per day at the minimum (some days more than others).

But now that I'm home and not walking at least a half mile one way just to get food, I guess the decrease in just overall movement has slowed my metabolism a bit and I've just constantly been putting on weight. Not all that much, just a total of 4.7 pounds, but I've only been home for 2 weeks. So I guess it is a lot.

I also haven't weighed myself in awhile compared to when I saw I was 185 while at school, so maybe the 4.7 pound weight gain isn't just from the last 2 weeks.

Anyways, it's just tough because I want to lose around 15-20 pounds of fat, and then maybe put that weight back on as muscle. I don't have any great ways of checking fat content, but I still can't imagine I'm putting on a couple pounds of muscle so quickly.

It's discouraging to the point where I'm partially thinking about giving up on working out. I mean I'll still try to be active, but the rigorous strength training and the mindless minutes on the treadmill just doesn't have a sense of, I don't know, appeal to it?

I've even almost completely stopped doing push ups every morning because 3 sets of 40 before I start my day is tiring, tedious, and actually pretty annoying.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to truly cut back, but I guess I should try to fight through this part and keep my strength up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...