Saturday, June 13, 2020

Getting Back Into The World

About 2 months ago, I had written a post in which I paralleled my life to my favorite fictional character. I referenced the part in which Bruce had lost Rachel and was just waiting and not living. Hoping for things to "go bad again" because in his case, he wanted to just go back to the way things were as Batman. To before the tragic events that the Joker had caused. That he hadn't gone out into the world in 8 years and was just a hermit, not letting himself get a chance to go out and grow and find new life in the day to day, stuck wishing for the old to come back into his life.

And honestly, that wasn't too far off from what I was living about 2 months ago. I had been yearning for some miracle to happen and that I could get the Batpham back together. That I could restore the best friendships that I had before I had so carelessly gone and destroyed them. To douse the flames of burned bridges and try to cross the disintegrated ashes that were left. But I know now that that is not possible. That I must move on and mustn't be totally like Bruce, staying to myself for 8 years before taking a step back out.

I'm choosing to let go of the past, because what I have in front of me now is a great and awesome thing. I don't want to take it for granted nor discredit the good that it's brought into my life from giving me work experience, to teaching me lessons on how to deal with people on a professional level, to communicating with coworkers and taking orders from bosses and people higher up than me in the corporate world, you name it. I've also been given opportunities to start stepping up and taking on more responsibilities in my workplace and I have also been hinted at a promotion sometime in the relative near future. I don't know how near, but I am potentially being offered a spot in which I will become a leader. Well, a shift leader to be exact (I don't know what other promotion I could possibly get if the assistant manager and general manager aren't leaving), but a leadership position nonetheless. I will have to learn to be a leader and to learn organizational skills and mindsets to keep things on track and running smoothly.

I've also met some amazing people that I get the privilege to call my friends. I'm meeting plenty of people I never would have met if I had still been a student, but you know what, that's okay. They have been great friends and I think I want to start trying to make more of an effort to be friends with them outside of work instead of just keeping them at a workplace relationship and that's it. 

I'm feeling good where I'm at, and I feel thankful and grateful for the journey that has led me to where I am today. It's been rough trying to adapt to the new lifestyle, but it's getting better as I become more and more accustomed to it and learning what it means to be responsible and an adult. To start being more mature and to stop being as childish. Everything is still working out for me, and I think this is a good spot. I don't want to waste away anymore, hiding in the safeties of my home and my solitude, I want to start reaching out and making more out of the relationships I've created at work and once all the social distancing is ended and the state re-opens, I hope to make new and fun memories with these people I now call friends.

It's time for me to get back out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...