Thursday, May 7, 2020

Vengeance

It's finally here, the moment I have been waiting for for literal weeks now. The arrival of my new pc, and boy oh boy am I excited.

Today, I just got my Corsair Vengeance 5182 system, and it is amazing. I haven't really gotten a chance to test out its power since I spent a good portion of time today unboxing it, setting it up, and starting to download everything that I want to play on it. I've managed to get Skyrim, most of my mods for Skyrim, Overwatch, Minecraft, as well as other apps such as Discord on.

Sure you might say that I wasted money because I could have built my own pc of similar power or even greater power for the same cost. But I have zero building experience. And since social distancing is a thing, I can't exactly just phone a friend over to help me. So because I wanted an upgrade to my gaming experience, and a nice little something for myself, I went ahead and bought this pre-built system.

I mean, you can't tell me that this isn't pretty. It's very bright, colorful, well-organized on cables, and it's very quiet so far. You can hear a slight pulse/hum because of the fans, but so far it has been silent otherwise. Once the headphones go on, it's not even noticeable. I suppose we shall see when I start playing more intense games, since running extra graphics on Skyrim isn't a terribly hard challenge.

I'm so excited for this, and it came in perfect timing. It's Thursday, so I spent this afternoon setting it up, which means I got one more shift for the week and then the weekend arrives and I can enjoy my new toy. I'll put it to the test with games likes Overwatch on ultra settings since my laptop (while technically a gaming laptop) could only really do medium graphics at 60 fps, and then I'd have to go to low if I wanted to stream.

But now I have a much superior graphics card (RTX 2070 Super in comparison to a 1050) and double the RAM (16 GB instead of 8 GB). Plus a better processor and it being a desktop instead of a laptop, so the GPU would be better and all the parts are better since they didn't have to get compacted down to a sleek laptop design. I mean, even with the desktop sized parts, it's a compact machine.

Part of me wants to name this system. I mean I know it is a part of the Vengeance series, but like I want to call it something of my own. I don't know what.

Anyways, I'm just super happy it's finally here and that I can play with it and see the investment of my money finally giving me something in return. Now the only question is when will I upgrade to dual monitors? It's just a matter of ordering another cable....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...