Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Unexpected But Appreciated

I don't really know what I did to deserve this, but I won't turn it down either.

As I was at work today, my general manager came in as he usually does to take inventory and prepare the orders to restock as necessary. At some point he hands me an envelope with my name on it, said it was from the store owner, and told me to not open it right in that moment. So I just went ahead and put the envelope in my jacket pocket.

After my shift ended, I went to my car and my curiosity finally wanted to know what the envelope was all about. I had run different scenarios in my head, but I dismissed them as peculiar fantasies or fictional likelihoods that I let them pass. Here's what I had found in the envelope:

This was an incredibly kind gesture. A very much unexpected but appreciated card. A thank you card for my "extra effort" and a $25 gift card to Starbucks. I can't exactly figure out who signed it, but it's not as important.

What I wonder about is how many people got a card like this. From what I might have noticed is that maybe the general manager got one, but other than that, I don't know. The only reason why I wonder is because what have I done that's any different than my colleagues/coworkers? I've only been employed for 3 months now, and maybe I might have learned quickly, but I'm just trying to do my best.

I guess I should accept the gift and just keep up whatever it is that I'm doing. Keep up the good work, keep up doing better, and just try to improve as I can and if anyone says I can be doing better. Who knows if this might lead to something more? Just trust the process, right? Don't question anything and go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...