Saturday, April 11, 2020

One Year of the Batman

One year since it all started.

One year since the creation of something that would inspire growth and higher and better morals and values.

One year since the start of something that would bring the best of people into my life.

One year of The Liberty Batman


Today, April 11th, 2020, marks the 1 year anniversary of the start of the Liberty Batman. One year ago today I had decided to make something fun and something to push me to be better than ever before. It's a shame my time as Liberty's hero was so short, being the tail end of the spring 2019 semester and all of the fall 2019 semester.

But that doesn't have to be my end. Just because I cannot be Liberty's Batman anymore doesn't mean I cannot aspire to be more like Batman. Just because I cannot be with the people I had come to call my "phamily" anymore doesn't mean those relationships have to end. I can be more. I can still grow and mature myself to be better. I can reach out and still maintain friendships if I value them so much. Times are always changing, and sometimes you lose touch with people for awhile. But that's okay. Sometimes there's something you cannot control, but all that needs to be done is to adapt to the situation and do your best. And that's okay.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't have to call it quits and give up now. There's still something out there for me and there's still stuff to be done. I can do my best and then just let God do the rest. I can do my part and then no one can blame me if circumstances change once again. As long as I don't become apathetic and complacent in everything, I can do all things.

So here I will go on.

I will still be the Batman.

I will push myself to greater heights than I have ever been before. If for no one else, then let it be for myself.

This is not my end.

The Batman is not dead. And he won't be. Not for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...