Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Lessons Learned, Lesson To Learn

Okay so since I mentioned it in the previous post, I feel like I already want to make a post about the lessons I have learned and the lessons I have yet to learn. Get yourself ready.

So I learned that things can come and go just as quickly as they came. Something amazing can pop up and if I am unaware and neglect to be grateful for every moment I get in that amazing something then I'll miss not appreciating it for everything that it was when it quite possibly disappears and leaves my life. It can and will leave a scar because of how quickly it just vanished and it just goes to show I need to display more gratitude and not take anything for granted.

I learned that adaptation and quick adaptation is how to stay on your feet and not get knocked down. By being slower in reaction, I run the risk of not being able to change everything I had once planned for. Of course don't be set with ideas in mind if certain criteria are filled, but just be prepared that sometimes curveballs are thrown and you have to make quick adjustments or even make new plans because life can be unpredictable.

I've learned that dealing with people is tough but I just got to make sure to keep a level head as much as possible and to not be so quick to bend to my temper and my anger from any annoyance I may perceive. I know I am a flawed person and that picking up on other people's flaws and leveraging it against them is not a way to get anything accomplished and it just makes life more difficult if anything. I learned that sometimes I need to step back, take a breather, and not react when I am emotionally charged. It never ends well when I react out of anger or frustration.

There has been so much for me to learn, and I am semi-excited to learn more, to grow more, to become more. I need to in order for myself to finally see myself mature and become a man. Age doesn't define manhood. My actions will define my manhood, and if I so want to be treated like an adult, I have to behave and act like one. Sometimes life just gives you the absolute worst, but if I were to just sulk about it and not try to learn something from it, I clearly am not ready for a lot of things that I thought I was ready for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...