Sunday, March 8, 2020

He Is The Way

I know that for a long while I had always been taught that God is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I know I've heard it in songs ("You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life, we live by faith and not by sight, for you", in the song "Happy Day"). And as it would seem, today's sermon can apply to me right here and right now.

We talked about how humans have this certain perception about everything. What success looks like, what finding meaning for our lives look like, and what love looks like, all of which just being examples. We get these ideas painted in our heads from the people around us and we start to idealize these ways of thinking. But that's a human way of looking at life. If we were to allow and make God our Way, then He will begin to change our perceptions of what we had once thought or believed to be a human trait, and then see it the way He wants us to see it.

The main aspect that applies to me from this, or at least applies the strongest, is defining what love is. I know I've said it in a post before, but I feel like I can start noticing the things that God is doing in my life, that He's been doing even if I didn't see it immediately. He changed the way I view love. It's more than just saying that two people are together in a relationship. It's about the dedication, the commitment, the sacrifice, and giving your best to your significant other. To be caring for them on the day to day basis.

I'd never have learned that if God had changed my circumstances and took me away from Liberty sooner since I had stated yesterday that my entire second year was pretty much a waste of time. I know it sucks to have learned what it meant to love and then have it all taken away, but I at least now understand what it means to love.

I want to trust that God is working in more aspects of my life more than just redefining what love is for me. I want to trust that He will show me what meaning is for my life, that He will show me what success is in my life. That He will provide me with everything He needs me to use to glorify His kingdom.

I need to seek after God to be my Way, my Truth, and my Life. I have to stop looking to the world for validation and finding satisfaction. I need to stop putting everything other than God as priority or as ultimate source of life. Because only God can provide the Life. No friendship, no relationship, no coping method, no means of entertainment, nothing that can become an addiction will ever suffice to give me life.

I know it's important to have things such as friendships or relationships, but I need to remember where I am, who I am, and who I worship. I need to remember that God first and everything else can come second.

I'm just glad I can finally start seeing the works of God in my life. I need to stay faithful, to stay steadfast in all things that I do. To seek after Him more as I go about trying to progress my life. I need to remember that it's never going to be about the things that I can do, but about the things that He has done, is doing, and will do.

He is my Way.

He is my Truth.

He is my Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...