Thursday, March 12, 2020

End of the Batman

I think I've made a decision. Well at least the makings of one anyways. I'm not sure how I will actually go about enacting this, but it is a high probability outcome.

I realize that my time as the Batman is coming to a close. Well at least with the accounts of the Liberty Batman. I mean I was only really the Batman for the fall 2019 semester. And by golly did I have the best of times running the account. I've made some of the best friendships I have ever known. I've made the best of memories ever.

I want to cherish those fun and great times, but I also don't want to stay stuck in the past, which is what prompted this thought process. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly grateful that I was inspired to create this account. It made my final semester at Liberty the best semester I could have ever asked for. Maybe even too good.

I think I might want to try to move on and just acknowledge it as part of the "good ol' days". My main reasoning is that those memories are now associated with the build up to one of the greatest moments in my life and now I've turned things sour because of my lack of effort and because of the way I had handled things even in the aftermath of news that would change my life forever.

If the title wasn't obvious, I am considering to shut down the Batman account. I guess that means I might need to rename my blog yet again. I don't know. I just can't help but think of the great times I once had and the things I wish I still had whenever I see that account or anything relating to it.

I just don't know. Is this the wrong decision? I just can't help it. I think of all the fun times and it just brings me back to the darkness because it reminds me of what I had lost.

I just want to rewind the clock so that this wasn't even an idea I considered. I want to go back to the fun times of the Spider-Man Far From Home watch party we did, or watching the Polar Express, or the Waffle House trips, or the adventures to Walmart and Target.

I digress.

This is it then. I think in order for me to heal, I gotta move on. And in order to move on, I have to leave behind what was. I need to just appreciate the time I had, and move on to the next thing. So no more of the Batman account. No more Batman.

I still will have Batman stuff because I won't cast out a favorite character over this. But what I am leaving is the account of pretending to be the Batman on social media.

Goodbye, Liberty Batman. You created the best friend group I ever could have asked for, but I've thrown it all away in my neglecting of academics and in my immaturity. So to save myself the pains, I have to let you go as well.

Thank you for being a symbol of hope.

Thank you for being a source of fun.

Thank you for bringing friends I never would have gotten close with otherwise.

I'll miss everything, but this is how it has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...