Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Best Friends [Update]

So I sent the voice message and wow it was rough. Mostly because it wasn't well planned, felt rushed, and just didn't get everything across as I had kind of imagined I would.

But the idea and the meaning behind it still got to her and she understood what I meant. She expressed what she thought on it, and honestly it seems like things can work out as friends. I know I gotta be careful though to not let my heart get reattached to her because then I will be setting myself up for a letdown I would cause. I know she fears the same, and honestly it's kinda nice that she cares about protecting my feelings, even after everything.

I think there still needs to be a certain amount of healing that both sides need to do. I know I need to heal in the capacity of dealing with the heartbreak and pains properly. To not run from it and to face it. I need to heal before I attempt to progress the friendship if there is progression for us, back to best friendship. If not, then no worries, at least at the end of the day I still have a friend who knows me inside and out.

I need to make sure I do better this time. To make my words have meaning and uphold any promises I make. To be the friend she deserves to have, and the one she always deserved to have, not whatever I became in those fateful moments. Growth is important and achievable if I just put my mind and will into it.

Everything is going well, and I am hopeful for the good that things are heading towards with this ability to be open and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...