Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Why Can I Not Move On?

I have accepted all of what happened and I thought I had been able to finally move on. But then I still get a little hurt or feel a bit of stinging when I hear things that invoke memories of what was.

I know I cannot say that other people cannot say certain things because quite frankly, they are just passerbys to me. I probably won't see them again, or at least not significantly enough for me to have a say on what they can or cannot do. Even if they were consistent, I have no power nor authority to tell them what to do.

The pain started from when a couple came in and then the girl addresses the guy as "my love". Naturally that made me think of the last time, well also the first time, I had referred to a girl as "my love". At first I tried to not pay much mind to it since that's technically a generic term that is used in many circumstances and instances.

The nail in coffin for today was when a young mother referred to her daughter, who phonetically shares the same name as the first girl who liked me back (who is also the same girl I had once called "my love" for those who are unaware and stumbled upon this blog).

I know I need to just move on. I can't be mad at anyone. I can't ask the girl to give it a shot. I can't keep lingering in the pain and the hurt that I cause myself from not properly dealing with the heartbreak. I don't know how else to deal with it. The only heartbreak I've experienced before was rejection. This time is deeper because there was a chance for more and everything.

I don't know what to do. I don't know where to turn to. Where do I go? How do I heal? When and how can I move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...