Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Verdict

As far as I can tell, this will be the last post of this issue for a good while. Maybe even forever. Hopefully to never be spoken of again.

After a long discussion with the family, I have come to peace with the way things are. It may not have been the most pleasant turn of events, but I'm ready to move along now that I have the full story. Now that I know where allegiance falls and where opinion stands.

Maybe I'm biased and maybe this is not the way to handle it, but I'm ready to move on with my life and find new people to make connections with. The feelings of heartbreak are dissipating with each passing moment, because the new information makes me feel less and less of the pains. There is going to eventually be no more pain from this. That excites me.

My dark side was exposed in this, and that's okay. Sure it might taint how I am to my family for a bit of time, but this is a lesson learned: be more level-headed in your actions and your words even if circumstances are most definitely not in your favor. If I am to fight the darkness, I cannot be darkness. I must be light in order to fight the darkness.

How can I expect to fight my inner demons and my worst parts of myself by using the same strategies and methods my worst self would use? I need to be better. This is for the better. There's a lot I need to work on before declaring myself as a man. This is the first step.

So to any faithful blog readers (wow that sounds weird to say) here's to hopefully a lesson learned and a growth in my maturity and my actions. If I hit rock bottom, there's only one way to go, and that's upwards. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...