Saturday, February 15, 2020

Tell Your Heart To Beat Again

Tonight we decided to go spontaneously to Carnegie Hall to attend a concert which had a few different Christian music artists. The names we knew and went for were Natalie Grant and Danny Gokey.

Upon listening and paying attention to the lyrics of Danny's songs that he performed tonight, I realize that God has paid the ultimate price already. That even in my broken heart state and loneliness, I just need to tell my heart to beat again. God has healed my heart, but just needs me to join Him and get it restarted. That even if I have been broken several times over, I need to get up.

It all ties into quotes of my favorite movies: "Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." Did you really think I wouldn't make a Batman reference every once in awhile? I mean look at the name of this blog.

So with that, will I be getting up? Will I linger in my broken heart state and be perpetually broken? Or will I get up, brush myself off, and take step one into the life God has set out before me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...