Sunday, February 16, 2020

Singleness

As I deal with settling the heart and the mind, I realize that maybe I am still being called to a time of singleness. To develop myself more. To work on my rough edges, become more aligned with the man God had designed me to be before I can lead a relationship. I say lead because as a man, I should be able to take the lead and keep the relationship God-centered and grow together as Christ would want me to. To be a leader with the intention of leading a household someday. To be the head of the family.

I see that I am lacking qualities and characteristics that a leader would need and have. I have immaturities to work on and iron out. I have to also be content in my singleness and strong in my faith. There is so much I need to learn and it is probably for the better that I remain single until God calls me into a relationship, if that's even in His plans. I don't know what God has in store for me, but whatever it is, I want to follow it and not try to take control of the world out of the hands of the King of the World.

I need to give up whatever control I think I have over my life. I need to trust God in all things and for all aspects of my life. There are great things in store. Miracles and wonders to be revealed. All I need to do is stay steadfast in my faith, to be faithful to God, and wait in patience for His timing. Even if the night seems to be at its darkest, the dawn is coming. And when it does, I will finally see the work God has never stopped doing, I will feel the gloriousness of His great works.

So if it all means a time of singleness for however long He wants, as His timing is nowhere in comparison to human timing, then I shall wait and be patient. Wherever He moves and wherever He calls me is where I shall go.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...