Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Job Day One

Work wasn't at all bad. I mean some of it was "bad" in the sense that I really appreciate dishwashers now lol. But honestly it was good. I got a perspective to appreciate the things I take for granted. I learned how to do a lot of different things. How to wrap the paper around the sandwich, how to cut sandwiches with no risk of cutting myself, how to wash dishes, and how to put sandwiches together.

There's definitely a lot more for me to learn and tomorrow is gonna be quite a day. My tentative schedule is 10 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday, so I'd be working 6 hours a day, have weekends off, and can still train at aikido. So I had nothing to worry about as far as compromising my training time. I think my wages are $11/hr, and assuming 20% taken for taxes, that'd be $294/wk that I take home, paid biweekly. Basic math says that every month, I'd be making $1,176. Sure that's not really a lot. Definitely not survivable to support myself. Then again, if I had to support myself, I probably wouldn't only work 30 hours per week, ans I would cut back on luxuries like my phone and stuff if I were only paid $11/hr. It's definitely going to be nice to have extra money. I gotta save it, but I can work towards buying some things I had always dreamed about and never got.

Something I do have to consider is praying to God about what He's calling me to tithe. It was brought up by a friend, and 10% is all God asks. $117 a month out of the $1,176 is really not all that much. I can try to gauge if God wants me to give more than that or not.

Money wasn't the main topic of this post. I just wanted to say that my job was nothing I should've worried about, because with an open mind and a good attitude, I can make it work. Sure it's only been 1 day, but just gotta stay positive and stay level-headed. This will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...