Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Job Day 2

Today was the grand opening of the Jersey Mike's location that I work at. In other words my first full shift. My first real shift of not just being trained. I wrapped so many sandwiches, I feel like I'm almost a pro. Jk, I'm not that good, but I'm decent now.

Time flew by so quickly during rush waves. I say rush waves because customers come in waves and then it just seems so intense and almost overwhelming. It wasn't too bad though. I was kept busy and time flew by so quickly. Next thing I know it's 12:50, then 1:22. My shift starts at 10. So I burned through 3-3.5 hours pretty quickly.

It was good. I feel good about it because I feel productive. I mean sure maybe this work isn't what I had imagined I would be doing, but it is work. I will be getting paid, and I have hours that allow me to gain skills and learn in the "real world" as well as allow for continuation of my aikido training because of the flexible scheduling they offered. To add to the bonus, each day, I get a 15 minute break, meaning that I get paid (I think), and a free drink and free food item. So free lunches, paid break time, so it's all good.

I guess we'll see if I can keep my open-mindedness and just enjoy things as I go. It's only day one, sorta, so naturally my effectiveness, and overall attitude will be higher and more positive. I do get a little tired in the lower back and knees from standing for the majority of 6 hours, but maybe I just need to get my body used to it.

Here's to day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...