Sunday, February 9, 2020

It's Happening

So I got texted by my new boss from Jersey Mike's. I guess it all is happening.

I'm super nervous about this new job because it'll definitely be a change to how things have been while I've been at home since my departure from Liberty. It'll be a good change as I should definitely be doing something productive rather than staying at home and just milling about, helping with errands, and just overall not really being that great of an adult. This is the new world I'm entering in. Hopefully I learn some good things and how different people make expectations of me as an employee.

I'm nervous because of the change. Scared even for the change. Because job hunting has taken literal weeks, I've locked into and gotten comfortable with a lax schedule of the only consistent thing was lunch on Tuesdays, and aikido every night/day (because Saturday classes). I don't really want to have to sacrifice aikido. I know that I did sacrifice it in order to attend Liberty since the school is not even remotely close to home, but I guess now that I'm getting more dedicated to training and perfecting the art, I don't want to lose it. Maybe it's all because of the aspirations I have of opening my own dojo some day, so I need to try to sharpen my skills and climb the ranks preferably as fast as possible. Then again time doesn't matter if my skills aren't great, so in whatever timing it will happen. I suppose all in God's timing if this is something He wants for me.

I guess I just got to go into my new job with an open mind. Be ready to skip out and drop the frequency of aikido training, but see if my new boss can be flexible and allow me to work earlier shifts to allow for at least a regular training schedule still. I know aikido isn't an income source, so I need to put it on hold if absolutely necessary. I guess we'll see. I'll definitely have to pray about it constantly. I mean I should pray about everything regularly. I want God's plan and His will for my life, so I'll just trust in Him and pray to Him on where my life goes from here. And I'll trust that if there's something currently in my life that He wants for me, that He will make a way for things to work out. He does work everything for my good, and He knows what's best for me.

Time to step out into the world.

Time to become an adult, or at least a working person.

Time to really dig into my faith and trust God, pray to God, and seek after His heart and His will for my life.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...