Monday, December 9, 2019

The End

No this post did not require 12 Eyes of Ender to create.

Joke's aside, I'm here to just, idk write. The end of my 5th semester has arrived. Sure I've got 1 more final, but that's gonna be easy.

I just want to say that I'm thankful and grateful for this semester. It's been an amazing run. Sure I could've done better. Sure I could be halfway through junior year instead of being a sophomore by credit. There's definitely a lot of things that could have happened. But there's no point to dwell in the past, or long for the what could have been. I want to take this post to counter my last post. To be grateful instead of full of regret and doubt.

This semester, I've had a lot of fun. And maybe too much fun, but it was good. I've made thousands of memories with friends, and I've met some especially amazing people. I want to take my failures of this past time and take it as a wake up call. I want to be more optimistic and thankful rather than pessimistic and doubtful.

I am looking forward to 2020. I want to be more trusting of God and what He's doing. I want to be more thankful for all the little things in life and all the things I take for granted. I want to be more intentional and better salt and light.

This has been a good semester. Maybe not the most advancing for my college career, but the most growth for me as a person. Sure I need to get my life in order, but I need to take that to the root and get more invested in my spiritual faith. To seek more after the One who knows where I've been, where I am, and where I go.

The end of one thing is here. And I don't want to be sad about it ending. I want to be glad that it happened. Here's to 2020 and whatever the future brings. Here's to something great provided by the Lord. And here's to trusting the Lord with everything, to reading His Word and to praying to Him. Even with my failures, I can choose to stay down, or I can learn to pick myself back up.

It's time for me to rise.

Deshi basara (a reference to what an old man in a pit in the middle east once said about a fallen knight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...