Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Vaping

I got an email forwarded to me by my dad (who is a doctor) and it contained information about a 17 year old male who had to get a double lung transplant because of vaping.

The only people at that young of an age who should be getting any transplant of any kind should be people who were born with an illness or has something that was caused not by something of their own actions. Vaping is a choice. An expensive one, which is another reason why I don't vape aside from the fact that the only thing I want to put into my lungs is the relative clean air surrounding me.

I don't get why anyone thinks that vaping is cool. It's not. It's originally designed to help heavy smokers work their way off from smoking since smoking has a lot of studied lethal effects/health endangering effects. Vaping has little to no scientific research, so I suppose one could argue that my stance is dumb or illogical, but then how can you argue my viewpoint when there are cases in which there have been transplants as well as surgeries as a result of vaping?

It also saddens me to know that one of my cousins has picked up vaping. She posted about it once on her instagram story I think in reference to her boyfriend's birthday or something, but regardless, I just fear for her health and safety. I know it's not my place to judge, and it's not my place to tell her how to live her life (of which might be a little hard for her to hear since her father left her at very young age). But why would one ever think that vaping is a good idea? To purposefully put chemicals into your body? That's pretty dumb if you ask me.

All I know is that with each new case of a surgery or what have you that arises because of vaping is another reason I will stay far away from vaping.

To any of my friends who may vape (I don't think I have any friends who do, but in case there are some), I don't mean to come off as rude or disrespectful. And you've probably heard it a million times that we're just "looking out for your health", but if you really are struggling and if you want to quit, then by all means, reach out to me. I'll do what I can to help.

To my friends who don't vape but know people who do, let's help encourage them to drop these behaviors since science doesn't even know all of the downsides to vaping.

Vaping is not cool, and it never will be.

You can't change my mind on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...