Saturday, November 16, 2019

Update: "Should've Known Better"

Okay so I feel just a little better because I helped the process, but I still feel awful about it happening in the first place.

So shortly after I wrote my last post, I went out and drove my friend to a phone repair shop. I decided that I should probably help pay for the repairs since I semi-caused it. It's kinda a good thing I did. And I don't say that to make myself sound noble or anything, but I would absolutely feel even worse than I already do if I hadn't helped. The total cost ends up being $169.99. Like wow that is a large chunk of money for a college student to have to pay. I'm not entirely sure how much I actually did help because I gave my friend a couple of Visa gift cards that I have an idea of what the value was, but had no idea on checking on it because I apparently registered the cards online and TD Bank never sent me the log in info when I requested it. So hopefully whatever was on those 2 cards actually helped. And hopefully that there wasn't some lame "maintenance fee" that some cards have where if you don't use the funds on the card by a certain date, then they would charge $2.50/month. If they degraded, they are way less than what I thought they are.

Nonetheless, I still feel awful that all of this happened. I wish I really weren't on my phone and that I could've avoided this situation altogether. I still feel bad for causing this, and I probably will feel a bit bad about it for a good while. I think I've decided that once I can get a good flow of income or at least get some funds, I will attempt to reimburse my friend the full amount because it's not fair to her that she had to pay so much when she's trying to save money and it's something that could've easily been avoided.

Prayers for peace of mind and just wisdom on what I can do to avoid situations like this again and any ideas for how I can try to compensate my friend for the time being would be appreciated. More updates to follow if there are any more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...