Monday, October 28, 2019

Update: "The Joker"

So I guess I made some hasty assumptions yet again, or at least thought of how things were, without actually giving a chance to a different reason for certain actions.

If you read my post titled "The Joker", you'd know that I had assumed that the guy who put on a Joker costume and everything didn't return my text messages. But I was wrong in assuming he cut me out or decided to give me to cold shoulder, because I sent a compliment to him from the "message" option on the Instagram story, and he actually responded with messages that indicate a certain warmness, so to speak. He was friendly and actually returned my messages. I'm not sure if that's only because I had complimented him or whatnot, but the point is that I should just give people the benefit of the doubt.

That I need to be less judgmental or slower to jump to conclusions/assumptions if I don't know every detail of the situation. I think there is hope for even a casual friendship to come from this, and all I need to do is pray about it and just be intentional whenever he does return messages or texts. I just gotta be the best that I can be, and let God do the rest and not worry about trying to carry everything on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...