Monday, October 28, 2019

The Thrill of the Kill

DISCLAIMER: I did not actually kill anyone, before anyone gets upset or decides to file a police report.

I mean come on, did you think I'd be dumb enough to actually write a blog post and post it on the internet for all to see and read if I were to actually kill someone?

Anyhow, for context and explanation, my hall is playing the game Assassins, with our 2 sister dorms, or at least with whoever from each of the 3 halls wants to play. For those who don't know about Assassins, basically everyone is assigned a target out of all the eligible players. It's a last man standing sort of game, and when you kill your target, you get your target's target, and so on and so forth. The game ends when 1 person is left, and you've eliminated the competition. There is a person hunting you down, so be careful with how much you tell to other people. Means of "killing" are a Nerf gun (pretty obvious what it resembles) and a ball of socks as a "grenade". This time around it's only those 2 methods. Sometimes you can use hot sauce to "poison" food, or sharpie/marker as a "knife" or "hidden blade".

Enough explanation, if you don't understand the game by now, it's not really that important. I forgot how much adrenaline goes into a game like this. I mean sure it's all for fun and games and nothing super serious. I don't even know if there's a prize this time around for most kills or last one standing, or if it's just for the bragging rights of winning. But it is fun to stay "alive" and kill your targets.

I've managed to act like I haven't been playing the game so that no one suspects me. My target happened to be on my hall, so I struck up a conversation with him today to just catch up. He told me his day's plans, and naturally I took advantage of it all and just waited for him to leave the dorm (you can't kill on the dorms). He got to the laundry room, and was hidden from the door behind a pillar (for structural support I'd reckon), and he didn't see me enter the building. So I whipped around the corner, and took my shot.

It was a clean kill, and debatable as to whether or not it was sooner than my last kill when I played this game last semester. I explained my steps in playing his death, and now I've got one kill under my belt for this game. I've got my new target, and I'm not sure how I'll pull it off, but I'm just glad I managed to get the 1. Obviously, I want to try to be the last one standing, but I'll settle for getting some kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...