Monday, October 28, 2019

The Joker

So this is.... curious to say the least. Someone who once reached out to me first to try to meet me since we had once both trolled/commented on LU Crushes, has expressed his affinity towards the character of the Joker. And as his costume/clothing would suggest, Heath Ledger's Joker from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight.

The clothing is quite accurate if I say so myself, and there are honestly some parts that scare me just a little bit. This guy actually dyed his hair green, and he managed to copy some of the mannerisms that Heath Ledger had done, almost to the letter. The voice is very close, at least to how this audio quality came out, and just the way he acts and smiles in the video.


I mean this is kinda creepy how accurate this is. Credit owed where credit is due for that, but at the same time, something about it made me feel like I wanted to jump into my own Batsuit and whatever. Maybe that's just my response to it because I've got this false idea in my head that I am the Batman. But dang. It's impressive to say the least.

Now I'm not sure why, but this guy, at least the guy who's underneath the costume and makeup, just doesn't respond to any of my texts. I don't have an explanation for it, but I just hope that whatever it is he thought was going to happen by reaching out to me, or whatever it is he wanted that he'll figure out how to be a bit more intentional with the friendships he actually wants. Not to say that I'll be unfriendly to him, just that I'm not going to be as warm until he makes an effort to at the least respond or whatever.

Perhaps I scared him off with how much I like Batman, but I figured that given his dedication and effort he put into the Joker that there would be common ground to speak about. I've even tried texting about other things that are unrelated to the Batman and related more to something he does (photo shoots, photography, the sort). I guess we'll see if in the future he decides to warm up to me once again, and if he does, then by all means I'll be as good of a friend that I can be. But until that day comes, I guess only time will tell what happens.

Side note, he does know I assumed the mantle of the Batman, so there's that. That's because I accidentally started following his Instagram with the Batman account because I didn't bother to check which account I was logged into at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...