Monday, October 14, 2019

Common Courtesy

You'd figure that perhaps the room is dark for a reason. That perhaps you shouldn't just walk in, leave the door wide open so light floods in, and then just turn on the light by the sink as if the light won't bother anyone. Perhaps that the roommate who's still awake and on his phone probably turned the lights off for a reason.

I mean I try my best to be courteous to my roommates. But come on, at what point will one of the other's realize that some things are done for a reason? That's there's no reason for him to just stand in front of the mirror and just leave the light on? Get a desk lamp, my guy. Don't turn on the room lights, especially if the third guy is asleep or trying to sleep. That also goes for when I try to sleep.

Like I get it, maybe you don't like darker rooms, but you also seem okay to not need lights when you're lying in bed on your iPad or your phone just looking at whatever it is, memes, YouTube, it doesn't matter.

All I want to say is to be more courteous and understanding of why there is so much darkness in the room.

Not just darkness, but noise levels too. Sure I can get loud myself if I'm playing videogames with friends, but I usually try to limit my noise by the time midnight strikes, assuming I'm even still playing by then. Don't use voice communications past midnight, like bro. Or if one roommate is trying to sleep and the other returns, don't greet the other with daytime volumes for speech. I mean I don't want to force you to whisper, but again common courtesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...