Monday, October 14, 2019

Had A Chance And You Blew It

So it's been a hot sec since I've written a blog. For better or for worse. Anyhow, I just watched the second episode of Batwoman that aired last night and here's my thoughts (as if the title didn't give it away):

The CW botched the show. They had so much potential. But after watching this second episode, all of the lazy writing, convenient ex machina's, and poor acting just came through. I guess you can only bluff for so long until someone catches on. Perhaps like the Gothamites in the show, I held out hope for no reason.

Of course there's conveniently a bomb on the bridge that the police transport was going to go on, so the lead villain doesn't get captured already by episode 2. Of course the step-mom is actually evil. Of course the father will let his "care" for his daughter make him disobey GCPD orders to shoot on sight. So much was wrong with this one episode. Oh and I can't forget all the name dropping like Bruce Wayne, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Lucius Fox to remind us why this show and its story is supposed to be interesting, relevant, cool, etc. You tried so hard to make this a standalone, but then messed up by using so many name drops at once to remind the viewers of your relevance.

Next, apparently the batsuit is a $10.8 million suit? And it looks like that poor thing I have screenshots of in the previous post? And it just happens that the GCPD that was searching for a body of the villain move at a snail's pace despite their K9 unit discovering something and barking at it, for long enough that a convenient, built-in AED shocks Kate Kane back to consciousness so she doesn't get discovered and/or arrested as the Batman (since everyone still thinks it's Batman mostly because Batwoman was not established yet).

Overall, I can understand now why the Rotten Tomatoes audience score is a 12%. I'm actually going to try to see how I can add my own scoring to it.

CW, you screwed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...