Monday, October 21, 2019

Breaking Point

At what point should it get to that jokes are borderline funny/teasing and become something that is claimed to not have been what it appears to be? Confused? Okay, so what point is something not clearly what one intended it to be? Not to mention over text, so there's no emotion that can be read as easily, no voice inflection, and no faces to watch to see if a grin cracks and is a clear indication that whatever was just said was a joke?

At what point do I have to just take it and not be allowed to express how I truly feel about the situation, or the message, or whatever it may be? That roasts, jokes, and the like were supposed to be lighthearted, but don't exactly come off that way when it'a delivered through text.

But when I break, it's "just a joke, Geoff" or "we're just messing with you, Geoff" or "we're only teasing, no need to get angry, Geoff". What do you want me to do? Just be all "haha, good joke guys"? It's a rhetorical question.

All I was trying to do was finalize some plans we were considering awhile back, and now that the date is coming up, I figured to get the details down, or at least mostly down so that we all know what to expect, when to meet, where to meet, etc. If you don't have a legitimate response to my questions of "when do you want to meet" or "what did you guys want to do exactly", then just tell me! How hard is it to do that?! Just say, "I'm not sure" or something like "do you have any suggestions" or literally anything that is more than a low effort "joke" of "idc". And then you expect me to think that saying "idc" is a joke and not what the initialism (yes that's a word, it's similar to acronym, but acronym's have a pronunciation like a word such as NASA) stands for? How else am I supposed to interpret "I don't care"? I can understand if maybe 1 person doesn't care to be super involved in the planning process, but then 2 people start going with "idc". Sure it's my fault for not understanding the joke. Okay yeah.

All I really want to say is that at some point, there's gotta be some sort of limit. That I've got my limits. That there is indeed a breaking point. I mean I can only imagine that that is where this all stems from. And perhaps I do need to learn better ways of dealing with things when I reach my breaking point, but it's not entirely my fault, is it? I mean I need to be responsible for my actions and my reactions, but you can't have a reaction without a stimulus first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...