Tuesday, October 1, 2019

10

It feels like it was just yesterday that I wrote the post titled "9" (not to be confused with Title IX).

In that post, I mentioned how time is slipping by, and it's just going faster and faster and there's nothing I can do to stop it. It's now October of 2019. At some point, it's going to be the end of the 2010's. 3 more months (since October is just beginning), and there won't be a 1 in the ten's place for the year for another 100 years. I mean sure, that's how counting works. But it's odd.

If not just since the start of this blog back in February, but just the idea that a whole 'nother decade has gone by. I've lived through 2 decades of my own life, and 2 full decades from start to finish from the calendar (2000's and soon 2010's). It's weird to think that 2010 is the start of this decade. It feels like a lifetime ago. To think that 9 years ago, I was pretty much just starting my 6th grade year. That I was just starting my 3 years of middle school. That back then I thought life was good and simple and easy. But middle school would prove otherwise. That's another story for another time.

But man, the 2010's have been filled with many ups and downs, and I'm ready to finish this year and this decade as strong as possible. Here's the final few months before the whole world shifts into a new decade. Not that the change of the year really makes a difference, but here's to preparing for the future, and seeking out advances in technology, knowledge, wisdom, relationships whether platonic or romantic, and just seeking out glorification of God's Kingdom.

Here's to the time I've been blessed with on this Earth. 20 years, while short in comparison to many, is a sizable chunk of time. Everyone's days are numbered, and we'll never know where our number will tick to the end. So seek to make the most of your day. Each day should not and should never be taken for granted. Seek positivity and the Lord. The world needs it. Heck, even I need it.

October, here's to a wild ride of whatever you've got in store for me. I'm ready to take you on. Will you take on me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...