Sunday, September 22, 2019

I Can't Sports

I've never been the athletic type. Just the one who would rather sit at home and play video games or watch TV, or otherwise just take it easy and chill. I mean as of late I've been more inclined to do anything that involved physical activity, now that I'm pulling into shape and actually have some stamina.

I guess the title is partially wrong since martial arts does indeed count as a sport. Maybe not one of your typical ones where you have some sort of ball involved, or any competitions like that, at least for the one I do, but a sport nonetheless. And I guess I'm pretty good at it if I reached black belt in it. I'd hope I'm at the very least decent at it since I did spend the last 13 years of my life training relatively consistently. I guess disclaimer here is that the first 4-5 years was in the kid's program, so not super intense training, and it was only twice a week. Then I didn't really start training hard until maybe 4 years ago? 5 at most? I guess the important thing here is that I was building my skill slowly but surely, and it's finally amounted to a milestone.

Anyways, the point of this is to state for the record that I'm by no means good at any other sport. I know a few rules and how to play a couple of sports to a recreational level, which is all I need I suppose.

For those who aren't on LU Crushes (since I apparently neglected to make a blog about it haha), I got posted about and at first I wasn't going to believe it since every post that I've supposedly gotten never resulted in anything more than just the post. Naturally, I'd think it's just a troll post or a fake post, etc. But I did actually get DM'ed, and not gonna lie, this girl is pretty cute.

The plan now is to meet up in person, and both of us are bringing some friends, to play soccer at the indoor soccer field at LU. I've been super nervous about this whole thing, because this kind of feeling or even circumstances have never happened to me before. Never have I had some girl call me cute (it was in the DM's), and want to meet me lol. I'm not really sure to what extent she is crushing or not crushing on me, but I guess if worst comes to worst, I have a new friend, and that is good too.

I'm partially hoping that something comes out of this more than just a friendship. It would be nice. But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, because I need to just be myself and focus on having a good time tomorrow night.

I guess stay tuned for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...