Thursday, September 12, 2019

Hong Kong Sanctum

Yesterday in convo, one of my hallmates saw my RA and gestured at him to do some sort of swinging thing with his arms. At first, I couldn't tell what was going on because it was kinda vague from someone who didn't know what the intention was, plus my hallmate had his phone in his hand, so it was throwing me off a slight bit. But then......


Turns out, my RA kinda looks like Dr. Stephen Strange, just the way his facial structure is, how his hair looks, and the facial hair he's got growing (I guess it would be a goatee?)

It was actually pretty funny, and the video is funnier because he does it so un-enthusiastically. I guess that's not a word, but you know what I mean. It was the kind of "okay fine, I'll do it".

I texted my friends about this, and they thought it was funny. One of which proceeded to dub Building 25 (of the Circle) as the Hong Kong Sanctum, in reference to one of the 3 sanctums that the sorcerers in the MCU are supposed to protect.

Jokingly, I ask why Hong Kong Sanctum, and the initial response was clearly a joke (I think), because she said "because you're Asian". In reality, she said it was because New York Sanctum and London Sanctum don't roll of the tongue as easily, or at least as well as Hong Kong Sanctum.

The best part is that my dad was born and raised in Hong Kong for about 8 years because he and his family moved. So I guess Hong Kong actually fits pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...