Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Coming To Terms

So today was quite the eventful day.

My friend meant to send a screenshot to me, trying to help me out by being my wingman, but then ended up accidentally sending the screenshot to a group chat, which includes a person of interest. The screenshot was also followed by phrasing that spilled all the beans.

While I will say that I did kind of wake up on the wrong side of the bed, so to speak, I was naturally angered by that mistake. I'm not angry anymore, at the time of this writing, but that's because I had a solid workout (so I took out aggression on the irons), and I talked it through with both my friend and the person of interest.

The reason why I was steaming before was because in the past, I'd reveal my feelings for a girl, whether or not I intended to since my subtlety and ability to hide things is not the greatest, and she'd give the nice "let's just be friends". Unfortunately, in the past, it would be more of a nice way of "I don't want to talk to you anymore". So I'd lose friendships over my feelings. Not exactly a fun thing.

But while talking to POI, I realized that she had a slight fear of losing me as a friend because there have been people who left her and abandoned the friendship because one thing went wrong. Through long talks, we ended up learning what direction we both want to go, and we're luckily still friends.

It was a wild day, and maybe I'll elaborate later, but most likely not. I still need to brew my thoughts properly. It all happened so fast, so I'll be back if I feel inclined to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...