Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Beginning

So I guess technically the title is wrong. The beginning was truly on Monday. But from an overall standpoint, this is indeed the beginning. Shall I explain?

Okay, so tonight I went to lift weights with my friend again. And then once again, we began training in some Aikido. I guess since I didn't document it the other night (or did I?) I lifted weights with this same friend on Monday night and then I began his training, showing him some basics and some fun stuff that you can do with Aikido.

This time, however, instead of just doing open hand techniques, we did some weapons training. To be more specific, we trained with bokkens, which are wooden training swords, made in the katana style. It was fun to be able to use weapons again, as I have recently discovered a passion for Aikido, perhaps because of my new rank, but regardless, it always felt good to have a sword in hand, even if it's wooden.

Tonight was very productive, and there were a couple of people who approached us and inquired about what we were doing. I told them I was trying to start a club to train others and as many as are willing in Aikido, and while I'm not sure if they'll follow through, perhaps they will consider it.

Anyways, to wrap things up because I'm too tired to think (it's 12:08 a.m.) I'll leave a short video below (assuming it works) of my friend and I doing a training exercise called "kirikaeshi".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...