Thursday, August 22, 2019

Kaishi

Okay so it's been decided. My sunuke bokken will from now on be referred to as Kaishi. My friend thought it was a nifty idea. Well he technically said "...it sounds cool! I'd say go for it!"

So I ran the translation by my Japanese friend, to which she said that "kaishi" is the term used for the beginning of something, whereas "shiki" is for a celebration standpoint (since the term I was trying to translate was "commencement").

Naturally, I stuck with the results I found because this bokken is to symbolize the beginning of something great. Something that potentially will be greater than myself some day. How will that happen? I have no clue. All I know is that this is one small part in a grand scheme if instructing aikido is in my future, or even my calling.

Okay, Kaishi. Your debut is tomorrow evening, assuming everything is still going according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...